All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Idaho Pocatello Mission here he comes!

Josh got his mission call today! He reports to the MTC on August 5th. Less then 2 months!
Funny that he got it today, because I was thinking how cool it would be if he did. You see, his Mimi, Aunt Hilary, cousins Meghan & Jannie, and his girlfriend, Amanda, are all here. I sent Kayley out to get the mail, and SHE RUNS back in, saying "I think Josh got his call!" I looked and sure enough... Elder Joshua Alan Miller. "QUICK!" I said... "go get Josh!" She runs out, and he about has a heart attack running back in the house. As he is coming in, I am trying to call Shawn at work (sorry, he has stepped out!), and my mom is trying to call my dad (not answering his phone). We are sitting in the living room, waiting. I call back Shawn, and he answers, but not my dad. We were going to wait... but Shawn had to go quick. So, we opened it, and all were excited. This is what Josh has been waiting for all his life! To serve a mission, no matter where! We have 6 weeks to get this son of mine ready to leave. I was hoping that Shawn & Josh could drive out, and I fly out to meet them there, and leave kids here, but kids really want to go. Maybe we need to rethink this. I will keep you posted with the Temple and Mission Farewell dates.

4 Read What I Wrote:

Jeramy Cook said...

What?? Josh has a girlfriend?? He did not run that one by me to get my approval first.

Congrats on the mission call. I know you'll be an awesome missionary if you take the lessons you learned from early morning seminary.

Tammy said...

Hi Googled Pocatello Idaho Mission and your blog came up. The reason I googeld it is that our Son Greg just recieved his mission call to Pocatello too, he leaves Sept 16. Where are you from? We live in Mesa AZ. nice to meet you. :)Congrats to Josh.
Tammy Montgomery

Loretta said...

Thanks for the post. If you do have any interesting information, send it to the bizymoms Pocatello community. The moms would love to hear of useful information

Virginia Mom said...

Just happened on your blog - our daughter,Laura, just got to Pocatello - at least we think she did - haven't hear from her as she traveled on her p-day. Thought we'd hear something by now - was trying to find a mission email - any ideas? Sharon