All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Class Reunion 1989

*Pictures will be posted later*
This weekend was my 20th class reunion. It's hard to believe that I graduated from high school June 3, 1989! It is crazy! Last night was the dinner/dance/program at the Shilo Inn in Killeen, Tx. It started at 7pm. Dinner was really quite good considering it was prepared at the Shilo, but it better have been because it cost me $40! After dinner, the awards/games started. Lots of fun times, and lots of laughter. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I didn't. The award for "Married Longest" went to me... 19 years 9 1/2 months, and the "Most Kids" went to me as well. When they started that award process, everyone started chanting my name. So embarrassing, but fun. Having Facebook is great that way because it's been fun catching up with people before and knowing what they were doing. Brett & Cindy went, and best "guy" bud, Rene was there with his new bride of 1 week. It was great seeing him again, and meeting Carol. I was hoping that Kenna would come, but it wasn't possible. Just listening to the 80's music was worth it, even though I listen to it a lot... but having it done there with all our classmates made it sound so much better!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
On a sad note... Mariella was given to her uncle on Saturday morning. Mari has been very ill, and even hospitalized this past week. She is not doing well. Because she can't move, she is having a hard time coughing stuff out. Brett & Cindy were very upset, but they knew it was going to happen. They had hoped to adopted her. Things could change, but so far it's not looking that way.

0 Read What I Wrote: