All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hand-me-downs at 36?

You would think I was a little to old for hand-me-downs. I am wearing some shirts that Hilary gave me because I am still fat, and she is not. She has been loosing a lot of weight, so when I went to visit her I told her if she was to small for some of her shirts, I could use them. So, I wear them. Geez! Oh, well. I don't plan on being this way forever, but at the moment I could use a few more shirts. Let me tell ya, being the fattest sister now is so not cool! LOL!! But then again, I've had 7 kids, so no one else had excuses, but still! I don't see myself as being obese, but when I look in the mirror...well, mirrors don't lie. It's been really hard for me with not loosing the weight easy because I was always so skinny in high school and all the way up until I had Jacob. Took me almost a year, but I got back into size 10 after having Jacob. I haven't seen size 10 since. I haven't seen size 12 since for that fact either. I did buy some size 12/14 maternity jeans, but that doesn't count. Ok...off topic there. Glad I have a sister I can get hand-me-downs from. I am sure she is glad that she can't get them from me anymore. LOL!

And then Josh decides he needs he needs a new cell phone. Oh, the joys of teenagers! So we go to Sams last night to look at the ones there. He wasn't ligable for a new one yet, but I was. ME! I could have gotten a new Razr or something cool like that. I didn't even have a flip phone. So being the cool mom that I am, I let him choose the phone he liked, and I let him have it. They put his SIMS card in the new one, and I put mine in his old flip phone. No camera on mine, but at least it's a flip. A hand-me-down cell phone. Geez!

2 Read What I Wrote:

Mimi and Grandpa's House said...

I know how you feel with hand-me-down cell phones. After the campout I put all my camp clothes in the washer. Later I couldn't find my phone. NO I DIDN'T! Then THERE I WAS looking in the washer at my phone. Lost all my numbers, etc. Scott just got a new phone, so now I have his old flip phone. I even have all his old numbers and messages (pretty interesting). But I only have a fraction of the numbers I lost out of my old (?) phone - actually it was only a few months old.

Love, Dad

Kenna said...

I went to my parents over the weekend and my mom had 4 pair of jeans that Don's wife had wanted to get rid of, so my mom gave them to me. I looked up the brands online and found that they are all $85-$100 jeans. They are all a little too tight but you better believe I will get into them! Hand me downs like that I will take anytime...even at age 36!