All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

I guess I should have posted this earlier, but I actually forgot all about this blog this past week. I need to take more pictures of my kids too since I have gotten my dig. camera to work now.

Shawn was actually home for Mother's Day this year. I think he was last year too, but I don't remember it. Shawn got me a corsage to wear to church...always pink, and always very pretty. I should say that I got myself the corsage since I am the one that goes pays for it and one for his mom too. But he always takes the credit. Oh well. I also got my mom a corsage from Christall's Flowers in Killeen. I was trying to decide what I wanted for dinner, since I was going to have to also make sure Shawn's mom got dinner too. Shawn is not a cook, nor is his dad, but Shawn could survive if he had too. Not sure about his dad. He doesn't even know how to make oatmeal in a microwave. Anyway, my kids wanted to make me breakfast in bed. Umm, no. Why? Because I have to get up early, and Sunday is about the only day I literally have to drag my kids out of bed, and I knew no one would be up before 6am to get me breakfast, so I said no just because I didn't want the hassle of me getting them up. LOL!! So, like I said, I got up early (6:30am), got in the shower, got Joey bathed & dressed, got me ready, started dragging kids out of bed, called Josh on his cell phone 5 times to tell him to get in the shower for the 100th time, got kids fed, got dresses picked and hair done and finally at 8:30 was able to sit down for a moment to feed Joey. I can't believe I do this every Sunday! Just typing this made me tired! Oh, and I made a cake as well before heading to church because I knew if the cake didn't get made, I wouldn't have my favorite dessert after dinner (coconut cake). After church Shawn thought it would be good to go find an in-active elder on his list. Okay...2 hrs later we are finally home, and I somewhat got a small nap on the couch. I already had the chicken marinating in the soy sauce for teryaki chicken. Josh made dinner. I really didn't do anything else for dinner after that. It was good. Kinda nice not having to make dinner for once, and then my mother-in-law rinsed the dishes as I fed Joey, even though I told her not to worry about the dishes. Shawn did go in there and took over. He is good about doing the dishes.

On Saturday, my mother-in-law, Lauren & I went shopping at JCPenny's. She wanted to get Lauren some new clothes since Lauren's birthday is the 20th. Can you believe she is going to be 12? We found her some cute stuff, and I went to look for something nice to wear for Mother's Day. Of course I am to fat to wear anything in the size I want to buy, so I didn't get anything. I don't know why I can't get more gung-ho about loosing weight because I know 2 people (Hil & Kenna) who have lost weight, and they look so good!!! Why can't I get more motivated? All I want to do is eat and eat!! Yeah, I'm nursing a baby, but still! My goal is to loose 10 lbs by July 1st. Let's see if that will happen. I need a gym close by. Now that gas prices are over $3/gallon here, no way can I go in to Texarkana daily. I need to just buy a walking machine. I love using those.

2 Read What I Wrote:

Kenna said...

What motivated me with the weight loss the last time, actually the two things were #1 remembering that EVERY bite does count, including those last two bite of hot dog that the kids didn't eat or the rest of their ice cream cone. And #2 I wanted to be skinny more than I wanted to eat. I think you have to get to that point before you will be successful! But, Heidi, if I can do it you can, too.

Anonymous said...

i'm having a hard time getting motivated, also! i keep coming up with "plans" and then failing! hilary is doing so good and she is good about texting me or emailing me to tell me what is working for her. i don't necessarily eat badly . . . i just don't wanna exercise alone! i know it's an excuse, but it's true! wish we were back in CS so we could go to the gym together. i lost some weight that summer!