All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Of course...

I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, and by 4am, Joey was crying. I go get him and nurse him in bed with me. Next thing I know the alarm is going off~again. I didn't even hear it the first time! I am sure I did as I hit the snooze, but as I laid there thinking about it, I couldn't remember it going off at 5:40am. Yeah! 5:40am! Have to get 1 to seminary (last day is the tomorrow!), and the other 3 out the door by 7:10am to catch the bus. Jacob runs down to get me the paper, but before I can get to section B, Joey is crying again. I sit back on the couch, and nurse him. I then get up and get Shawn some breakfast (hey, I hardly ever make him breakfast, so when I offered like a good little wife, he was like "heck yeah"!). By then the girls were over at Mamaw's, but not dressed, and Shawn left to work on the fence for the goats (I tell ya, the post is coming!). Hmmmmmmm, I thought...nothing on my calendar, I'm going back to bed. This is now like 8-something, maybe close to 9. Have Joey in bed with me. I keep hearing the girls coming in and out of the house. I wasn't really sleeping great, but I was in the bed. At 11:10am, the girls come back in, and says that Shawn needs me at the door. Geez! Get up, walk to the back door, and he yells up to me that he needs 2- 80 lb bags of QuickCrete from Ashdown. "Go get it yourself" I wanted to yell. But, I didn't. Joey was still sleeping, so I jumped into the shower. At least it was a quiet shower. Yesterday I had 3 kids crying all at the same time while trying to shower. I get out, and look at the girls. OF COURSE they got dressed by themselves hours earlier, and OF COURSE I didn't see what they had on, and OF COURSE they have on nice clothes, and OF COURSE they are now covered in mud and dirt. Into the tub they go so we can go to town. I squirt some Baby Magic in the tub with them, and it bubbles up some. I tell them to rinse up good and get out. Didn't have time to really scrub them. They get out...the tub is left brown. We go to town getting the few things Shawn needed, and decide to head to McDonalds~again~to have some lunch. I am trying to loose weight, so I ordered a snack wrap w/out cheese, and have a water. I only got the girls a burger and chocolate cake. Lindsey didn't like that at all. She cried and cried for fries, but I told her next time. I didn't want to eat the fries. I was trying to be good. We then go to Walmart, and we get the tomato cages, and a King-size bag of peanut M&M's for me. And then I stop at Sonic to get me a Route 44 Diet Dr Pepper for me. Good thing I didn't have those fries! See why I can't loose weight? No will-power for that long. I love to eat, and I love to eat sugary, full of carbos, stuff.

We get home, and I nurse Joey. He lays on his blanket to play, and next thing I know he has fallen asleep himself, w/out anyone holding him! I pick him up and snuggle with him for a moment, and go lay him in his crib.

Fast foward to the mail, and sorting out bills, and realizing that I didn't pay 2 bills on-time, and so I was on-line paying those. Cleaned up the kitchen some, did some laundry, fixed dinner, went to an in-active sister's house up the road to visit with her and her visiting brother, who is from Utah, a bishop and the head dude over the Church Welfare System/Humanitarian Dept. (his name was in the Church News a lot during the Hurrican Katrina thing...Benny Lilly), came home put kids in bed after hearing 5 kids cry that they didn't want to go to bed or take baths, nursed the baby some more, did the dishes, cleaned up some more, looked at the laundry, and allowed Josh to go to Sonic to meet with his girlfriend, Morgan, only if he brought me home another Route 44 Diet Dr Pepper, and it's 10:20pm.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Anonymous said...

you sound like me! how does josh have a girlfriend there if he's with ms. sound-of-music?