All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Jacob



This past weekend was a family get-together at Shawn's brother's house. They had some cake purchased from Walmart, and last night they brought the rest over to us. There was a good-size square peice left, and I told the kids after FHE tonight then they could each have a small piece. This afternoon I take Joey over to Mamaw's house (she likes to hold him...I like for her to hold him especially when I am trying to get dinner done) while Jacob is at the table doing his homework. I get back, and the frosting is gone, and a piece is gone. "Jacob, did you do this?" No, Mom. "Now, Jacob you know you can't have this, why did you eat it?" I didn't Mom. I go sit by him, trying to be serious but trying not to laugh because he has colored frosting on his mouth, his tongue is bright pink and his teeth are colored. So, I call over to Mamaw's to see if the girls ate it, and he then confessed that he did. Of course we had another serious talk about how he just cannot do that. I think when his blood sugar tonight was almost 500, I think he realized it. Of course I tried not to freak out to much, but silly boy!

1 Read What I Wrote:

Anonymous said...

wow! better be careful with that kid. i would hate for anything serious / bad to happen to him! he's my boy . . .