All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

May update

Yikes! What a busy month already! Today we had Shelly's step-grandchildren at our house for a while. Shelly is Shawn's sister. Her husband was married before and had 2 children, who he had not seen for the last 20 years. They contacted him a few months ago, and to come find out, have 6 children between them. So, now 1 daughter has moved to Texas with her 4 kids to be by Shelly and their dad. To make a very long story short... Shelly brought the kids up today to play with mine. They all seemed to have a great time playing.

This week: Josh's Eagle Scout Project, Mother's Day (I have to make stuff for that for RS to hand out to sisters), and doctor appt in Shreveport for the little kids and Shawn. I finally got Shawn to see an ENT, and hoepfully (fingers crossed!) he'll get his tonsils out soon. Poor guy! Going to be in some serious pain!

The 3rd weekend: Lauren's 13th birthday bash.

4th weeked: Calendar is free... yee haw!

30th of May: Josh graduates from high school! Most everyone I know is getting some sort of an announcement~ most of the locals are getting an invite to a graduation party because I only ordered like 40 announcements, and people living away from us get those first! Don't be offended! And if you don't get one, and you do know Josh, still come! With everything going on, it was an oversight! PARTY MAY 30th, 9pm!

I am sure the 4th weekend since my calendar is free, I'll be busy cleaning up house. My parents will be coming the 29th.

Today is my in-laws 45th anniversary. Wow! That's awesome! Mother-in-law is sick this weekend though. We are going to celebrate it at a different time. She loves the Outback, so we'll probably take them there (Shawn's siblings too). She won't be going to church tomorrow, so I will be teaching her Primary class. My 2 kids better behave! I'll have to whip their booties if they don't! I peeked in last week into the classroom since our doors just got new windows, and Kayley was lying back with her eyes closed. Jacob got her attention, and she sat right up. Let her try that with me! Ka-pow! LOL!!!!

0 Read What I Wrote: