All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fair Days!

Fair days are starting again for this year. In this area, they always start the week of school starting with the Little River County Fair. This year I am going to enter some food: blackberry jam, apricot surprise jam, salsa & pickles, and possibly a sampler that I cross-stitched years ago (is that allowed?). Lauren & Kayley are also going to enter some homemade things that they have done (baby hats) or will make (cookie bars/brownies) by Monday. I am pretty excited. If we get a ribbon (going for the blue!), I'll post the pictures later. In September will be the annual 4 States Fair. We've only gone 2 times since being married. We have yet to go since moving here in 2005. That fair is just so expensive. I am sure Shawn will be employed with Willis Knighton in November, and we'll go to the Louisiana State Fair because they always have WK employee day, and all family members get in free with free lunch. Only way we can go...

1 Read What I Wrote:

Valerie said...

I saw your husbands blog...I laughed pretty hard. I thought it was hilarious how his "about me" section sounded like a single male ad. No mention at all that he is a "loving" husband of like 20 years and a "awesome" father of 7!!! What can I say...he's a guy!