All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Wow! I can't believe Dad is 63! I mean, 63 is old! Just look at the numbers... 6 and 3. Just seems so weird. I remember when my dad turned 40, and then 50, and now 63! Crazy!
This was the state-of-the-art big screen TV back in 1963, the year that Dad graduated from Abraham Lincoln High School in San Jose, California.
Dad and Mom came to visit us this past weekend. I made him his favorite cake, Italian Cream, and it was all eaten! It was yummy! The "6" on the cake is actually an upside down "9", and I am holding the candle behind it so Dad could blow out 63.
Dad aka Santa Claus around the Killeen, Tx area... 2007
Dad really enjoying Mom's hug there... even with 1 eye, Dad can sure text fast!
Dad enjoying all the dogs at Thanksgiving, 2007
Dad & Mimi with new little Eathyn Frank... yes, named after him (for the complete story, go to Brett & Cindy's blog). I know he is proud, because after 11 grandsons his 12th was named after him, even though I tell him all the others were named AFTER him too, but he didn't agree!
Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!

0 Read What I Wrote: