All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Dumb Suburban

I had to take the 3 younger kids to Shreveport yesterday for doctor appts: These are the results:

  • Jacob is doing excellent on the insulin pump. His blood sugar average is almost in range (in the 180's!), and he has even gain weight, and overall Dr. McVie says he is doing great!
  • Lindsey's tonsils are horrible. Dr. Parker tried to look in her throat as she was sitting on my lap, and she was screaming so loud, that all he did was take his light and look into it. I saw it too. Horrible!
  • Joey's one side (can't remember the side) is as big as his nose. Dr. Parker said it's no wonder the poor child snores and doesn't sleep. He said it's the worst he has ever seen in a 15 month old child.
  • Tonsils will be coming out on April 4th, including Joey. Nervous with it all, but it has to be done. I am a firm believer that if tonsils are in the way, get them out! The older 5 have had them out too.

So, then after seeing the doctors, eating lunch @ Chick-fil-A, and stopping at Old Navy to get some clothes for Lauren, Kayley & Kristen (massive sale... awesome stuff!), we headed home. Lauren came with me to help with kids as I drove. It's a 90 minute commute.

90 minutes! That's all it should have take to get home. We left at 3pm... easily home by 4:30-ish. Yeah, right! Suburban started acting up again like back on Feb. 4th when it took us 5 hrs to get home from Dallas. We never had another single problem since until then! We finally pull in the house, in a tow truck hauling the Suburban at 7pm. That's after the kids and I sat under a bridge for almost an hour waiting for the tow truck (locals: it's Wright's Towing!). They had an extended cab tow truck, and so we were all able to get home without having to call the in-laws. We had 6 cars to pull over to see if we were all right. I assured them we were as I had notified the husband (working in Shreveport), the in-laws, my insurance company, my oldest son (to make dinner... which he did: made some awesome chicken), and that the tow truck was coming. Kids played on the cement going up and down, rolling toy cars down, and Jacob even peed up on the hill (in plain sight... I was mortified! But, if you gotta go, you gotta go!). Joey was very good considering that he was confined to the carseat most of the day, and when we got out, I wouldn't let him really crawl because it was such an incline I was afraid he would loose balance.

So, now I sit here on the computer debating to go to Ashdown in a few. I need to go before my mom gets here today. I think I will attempt it as Ashdown is only 5 miles up the road. I need to go turn in the towing receipt so I can get a refund.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Becca said...

I found you, Heidi!

This is Becca Renfroe--and I'm very sorry about your Suburban woes. If only we had been in southern AR/LA to help you out :). We have three kids now--check us out at renfroescoop dot blogspot dot com.

Your kids are cuter than ever!

Love ya!