All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Friends

I have always told my kids that just suck it up whenever they find out they weren't invited to a party, or something else by a "so-called" friend. It's just so hard. Hard on us parents when we know too, and know that our kids weren't invited. I remember a few times as a kid, I had friends at school, but I was hardly ever invited to a birthday party. I remember finally being invited to a party while I was in 6th grade, and when I showed up, no one was there. I know my mom was upset too. The girl told me it was at her house, but apparently it was at the skating rink. I guess I wasn't cool enough. :-( I know my kids are cool, but I feel it's because we haven't lived here forever. Even having a party for my kids, only a few have shown up for some since moving here. My kids had fantastic parties in Bryan. I know it's because we were close in town, and not in the boondocks like here.

I tell my kids "even though it doesn't seem fair, remember that only your family will be with you for eternity. Don't worry about friends. Yes, it's good to have friends, but they won't be with you forever, so they can't care for your feelings." Harsh harsh world we live in!

But at the same time, it's always good to have a friend to talk to. I really miss my friend, Laura, in Bryan. She and I always found an excuse to go somewhere, even if it was lunch/dinner all the time. And believe me, it was ALL THE TIME! I miss you, Laura! Our favorite place to eat was Cheddars. When I found this logo, the address was from someone's website, and the addy was tamu.org LOL!! Aggies know how to eat good! Wish Texarkana would get this place! It's great! I like this quote. It suits me:

0 Read What I Wrote: