All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Shawn had to work today. He had to work Christmas day too! Boy, that just sucks! I got up to get ready for church, and check Lindsey first. Very hot. Tell Lauren she is staying home. Give her a list of stuff that she needs to get done while I am gone to church. I check Lindsey, and she is 103.4. Remember, a few weeks ago she got to 105.5. So, I told Lauren I was staying home, and she needed to get in the shower. Josh & Jacob wear their Easter ties, and Lauren, Kayley & Krissy have on matching skirts. I will try to get a picture of them after church. I told them next week we would take pictures for sure when we can get Lindsey & Joey ready too, and Shawn being home too. Joey also has a cold, so his face is constantly covered in snot for right now. He has like 4 new teeth coming in all at once... 2 being upper molars. Back to Lindsey~ Before I stress myself out on her being a diabetic, I am taking her to the ENT on Thursday. I really feel it's her tonsils. I think I posted about it before. I'll keep you posted on that. I am hoping our doctor friend at church will call in some medication for her today.

We are having the Elders over for lunch after church. I am going to take a picture of them too, and if they can remember their parents email, I will email their parents with this blog so they can see their sons on Easter. Is that bad? Naaaaaa... they aren't speaking to them! :-D I am fixing a ham, potato salad (already made), toss salad (about to make it), raw veggies, and a pound cake w/ strawberries & cream. I hope the cake is good. I had to make another one. The first one was horrible! I left the cake in for almost 2 hrs, and it rose, and when I took it out, it fell!! I cut into the cake, and it was barely done. It wasn't gooey, so that's why my tester came out clean, but it was horrible! I threw that cake out in the backyard (see how hick I have become?). Dogs ate it because it was gone this morning. Made another cake last night, and I left it in for over 2 hrs! I feel it's going to be okay as it didn't fall, but it may be dry. Good thing we are having the strawberries to go with it. I think my sister-in-law is making a no-bake cheesecake too.

Lindsey is in the process of pulling out the Barbies (I have to tell Rebecca THANKS again!), and making a mess. Great! That's all I need! Joey is joining in the fun too. I need him to go down for a nap!

0 Read What I Wrote: