All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, March 17, 2008

My favorite movie


I don't know why I love this movie right now. Maybe it's because my house is almost as caotic as this one? I know that most of it is staged, and all, but it comes pretty darn close to my real family life. You have the older teenager who wants his own way, and then you have the pre-teens, and then you have the younger ones. Only I have a baby, and they don't. It just makes life so fun! All and all though, I love my family and I love having a big family, and I am thankful for them.
Part in the movie the girl (Sarah?) comes in the (new) kitchen and promptly tells her dad that they are the only kids on their street who have to do chores. I thought that was funny because that's what my kids tell me. Just last night I made a new kitchen chore chart, and rearrange some of the jobs. Lindsey now unloads the silverware, and she is so excited that she gets too "officially". I printed it off, and even laminated it so that the chart wouldn't get ruined.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Maria said...

I love that movie too!! You are such a good mom. Every kid needs a mom mean enough to make them do chores!!!