All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Good movies

We watch a lot of movies. We do have a TV in my room, but no Dish Network. Why? Because when we got Dish connected after we moved here, we only had 1 TV. We had done the TV-in-the-bedroom-thing many years ago when I was pregnant with Jacob, and we vowed never to do it again after we moved into the Ethel Blvd. house in Bryan. After moving here, Shawn started working on the master bedroom, and decided that he wanted a TV eventually, so installed surround sound. We got a flat screen TV to hang on our wall. I was in style! Then Shawn went back to work in Bryan, and rented that small apt. He needed a TV. So, he took our old TV that was now upstairs, and replaced it with the flat screen that was in my room. Well, then he decided to make a TV cabinet for the flat screen upstairs, and so to this day, the flat screen is upstairs, connected to the Dish. Now that Shawn is not in Bryan anymore, the old TV sits on the old TV stand in my bedroom, with the flat screen TV attachements still on the wall. It does have the 2 deer antler hangings attached to it, so it's real attractive! I have called about to see how much a new receiver will cost, and blah, blah, blah... hundreds of dollars! I told them I have been a customer to Dish for 8 yrs, and I needed a good deal. No can do, according to "Bob in Pakistan, who is an American." So, until I can justify spending that much money (Shawn wants me too), we only have a TV in my room to watch DVD's. So, without furthur ado... Movie of the week: AUGUST RUSH! This has got to be one of the best movies I have seen in a long time (remember, I have chosen 2-3 bombs in the last few weeks!)! I didn't know that Robin Williams played in it also. His character I didn't like, but he played the part perfectly! Such a good movie! If you have Clear Play, and can edit swear words, then do so. There is not a lot. Only in a few scenes that Robin Williams and the orphan children are in. I don't recall hearing any from August's mouth. But, if you don't care, it's still an awesome movie! I really really liked it, and will probably allow my kids to see it even though we don't currently have Clear Play (we do, but we can't download anything right now).

Poor Jacob! Has to live with "chick-flicks"! This is my kids pick-of-the-week! I haven't seen it yet, but I will hopefully today before we have to return it. UPDATE: I watched Enchanted today, and it was really cute. The queen's servant is Wormtail on Harry Potter. This is a movie I was definately buy really soon. Maybe Kayley will get it for her birthday.

I also got the kids Nancy Drew because they really enjoyed watching it at Aunt Cindy's & Uncle Brett's house this past summer (well, it was in the theater).

1 Read What I Wrote:

Kenna said...

My husband had the privilege of talking to Bob in Pakistan a couple of weeks ago. He needed some old credit card statements for our taxes andwas told by Bob that those were only available in braille or large print! Too funny.