All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, March 10, 2008

What I did this weekend...

First off, my kids had a 3 days weekend, so you know what we did on Friday (see below). Shawn, Josh & I rented a movie to watch on Friday night to watch after the other kids were in bed. Called Rescue Dawn. I thought it would be good. You know, action/war flick, Viet-Nam era. Based on a true story. Rather boring. I can't believe they would waste any money in making this movie. After watching this though, you really thank your Heavenly Father for the freedom you have. Unless you really love Christian Bale, don't rent it.

Saturday:
Woke up and made the sauce to my Chicken Pasta Supreme for Enrichment. I also made a mint cake for it. Got it all ready, myself ready & Joey ready. Lauren was going too (YW are invited to our Enrichments), and we were out the door @ 9:30am. Our Relief Society does Enrichment Meetings on Saturday mornings from 10-1. We do this because we have quite a few older sisters who do not drive at night, and also because we have quite a few sisters who do work, and Saturday mornings are better. I personally rather do it on a Tuesday or Thursday night, but for now, this is good. We always have a lunch to go with it. We had a great turn-out, and it was very nice & spiritual. We were starting our service projects for the year. It was also the birthday celebration.

After leaving there, Lauren, Joey & I headed to Texas-side Walmart (no tax on food) to do a big food shopping. 2 hrs & 2 full carts later, we leave. I needed to get more, but I was on a time frame, so I was in a hurry. I had to be home by 4pm (also had to stop at a few other places) to get the lasagna in the oven.

We get home, get groceries away, and dinner in the oven. We also hurried to finish cleaning up the kitchen and living room, as we were having a part-member semi-active family over for dinner, and for a 1st discussion/FHE lesson on the Plan of Salvation. Our stake has asked all hometeachers to start teaching their semi/less active families the missionary discussions from the Preach My Gospel book. The Jan. 2008 Friend had an awesome handout of the Plan of Salvation, so I printed their 2 children each one on cardstock, and we discussed it. Shawn taught it, and we all had a great time. We had root beer floats for our treat.

Went to bed, and watched War of the Worlds w/Tom Cruise. Okay, was that part of the plan? Don't think so! LOL!! I just DO NOT like that movie. The first time I ever watched it, it kinda freaked me out because of all the gore in it, and after watching it again, I just do not like it. I played Tetrus mostly on Jacob's Game Boy Advance. Hehe. Oh, BTW, Josh was on a date in Texarkana during our dinner and all, so we were waiting on him to get home.

At 11pm, even though I had already set our clocks to read 12am, I called Josh and told him even though it was technically 11pm, it was really 12am (LOL!), and that he needed to get home (his curfew is 11:59pm). He said that his date's dad just called and said the same thing, and in 30 minutes he was home. Such a good son I have!

Sunday:
Set my alarm to get up at 6:30am. I got up, and it was still dark outside. But I needed to get up to make another mint cake for lunch, and start getting stuff ready for the taco salad. We were having the 4 Elders for late lunch after church. I head back to bed for just a few minutes. 1 hr later, I get up. Rushed into the shower & got Lauren up too. Got most of the salad ready after I was ready, but no cake made. Decided that root beer floats would be good again.

Got to church on time with everyone dressed, and made it through barely. I was so tired! I was trying to stay awake in RS by eating candy that I had won at Enrichment and part of the banana that I was feeding Joey.

Made it home, and fed the Elders and my family. They left.

Layed on the couch, and didn't move until 5:40pm. Made homemade blueberry muffins for the kids for dinner. Some ate some eggs with it, Josh had some leftover lasagna. Aunt Ethel & Uncle Charles came over to visit, so we called Shawn's parents to come over too (Ethel and Talmage are siblings). Had a good visit with them, and by 8:30pm all kids were in bed. I went to bed by 10pm.

No pictures were taken, nothing else to exciting happened. Not planning on a cool day or anything. Just have to pay bills, and start working on some family history stuff.

2 Read What I Wrote:

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Mama did the whole "It's really 12 AM" thing with me when I was dating Paul. So, when we had to set clocks back, we stayed out until 1 AM since it really was only 12 AM! Hopefully Josh doesn't do that to you!! LOL!

By the way, it really was only 11 PM because clocks don't change until 2 AM!

Heidi said...

You are quite the go getter! I am impressed! BUT!...I am a little offended you had a hard time staying awake in R.S. this week! :) But,it's okay! I can handle it! j/k Hope things are going well for you!