All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Local newspaper

I was in it! Yeah, I was! There is a section in the editorials called "Cheers & Jeers." It's published every Saturday. People can email or write in with a "Cheer" of something good, or a "Jeer" of something bad that is happening around the area, or something they read about in the paper. I emailed in a Jeer. I was going to post it, but I have to be logged in to read it, so when I registered to be logged in, it said if I didn't hear back from them in 72 hrs, to redo it. Hello, that's like 3 days away! I want y'all to read it now! Let me tell you about it instead:

A few weeks ago, Texarkana had a voting for a name for the new pro baseball team that is going to be in Texarkana. The winner was the Texarkana Gunslingers. Picture is of a "cowboy" holding 2 shooting guns. Now, before I go on, I want to say, I have nothing against guns. Heck, my bedroom probably has 10 guns of some sort. Maybe more. But, this is my problem: The school districts have a 0 tolerance for guns, including all pictures of a gun on shirts, hats, etc... I can see why, and I support it. I make sure my kids don't wear stuff with a gun on them (not that I buy it anyway). So I wrote my Jeer: "To the naming of the new baseball team, the Gunslingers. I hope that the local school districts will not support this team in any way because our children will not be able to support the team at all, especially on game days. Why risk them to get expelled? The Texarkana Tornadoes would have been a better choice." Pretty cool, huh? The tornadoes was one of the voting choices.

And excuse me for a moment while I go scream... Ok, all better!

Kristen came in to my room this morning at 4:30, and told me she threw up! I get up, and she tells me that she just threw up at my door. Good thing she didn't get it on my carpet, or I would have pounded her boo-tay! Joking on that... but she did throw-up in the dining room. Laminate floor, so no biggy. I love Clorax wipes! But of course, the smell lingered, so I had to spray Lysol after a while, but for an hour I thought I was going to have to go throw-up myself! :-(

0 Read What I Wrote: