All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick kids again

I swear, if I have another sick kid, I am going to scream! After posting here yesterday, I checked Lindsey, and she had a 104.4 fever. I took her in the doctor here in town, and they rechecked her... 105.5! They called the insurance company to get approved of her being seen by this doctor (we are suppose to be going to doctors in Shreveport, LA area). They approved, and they then did a check x-ray, urine test & strep test, which all came back negative (yeah!). Doc says that Lindsey's tonsils are huge. We leave with Amoxicillin.

I called Shawn, and he reminded me that Jacob was the same way when he was that age. He would spike these high fevers all the time, and never seem to get well. Finally I took him to our friend, the ENT in Bryan, and he took his tonsils. He told us that Jacob had an abcessed tonsil, and that even taking medicine for the rest of his life, it probably wouldn't get rid of the abcess. He said it was the right thing to do, as in getting them out. Besides having Diabetes, and getting the stomach virus in January, the kid is never sick. My oldest 5 have all had their tonsils out, and all have been generally well since. Before they got them out, we were always at the doctor. A lot of controversary out there about about how getting tonsils out can cause Diabetes or thyroid problems, but I've also read a lot on how the OBV vaccine can cause Diabetes too. So who knows. All I know is that Lindsey is sick again... 3 times since Jan. 1st! With high fevers! I think it's time to get tonsils out.

Joey has started snoring. Tonsils out too? And with him sleeping in bed with us... now I get to listen to 2 people snore at night! Plus starting Saturday to get up at 2-3am to check Jacob's sugars... yeah, I will be getting lots of sleep!

If I am grouchy whenever I speak to you, please don't take it personal. I've just lost the most precious thing to me for, yet, another year... a good nights sleep!

0 Read What I Wrote: