All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lindsey is 4!




For her birthday weekend, we decided to go to Killeen. We don't get done there as often as I would like, so since Shawn had 4 days off, we headed down. We left on Friday, and had a good trip down. Dallas was a bit crazy, just at the merger of I-30 & I-35 and just south of I-635 on I-35... lots of traffic and car wrecks and gawkers. Geez, I hate gawkers (blush blush!). We got here about 4pm, with Kristen sick with a fever. Why wouldn't she have a fever? Fast forward to Saturday night, with Lauren having a fever. WHY NOT? Fast forward to Sunday afternoon during church (1-4pm) with Lindsey having a fever. Shawn took her home from church.

Anyway, Lindsey turned 4 on Feb. 2nd. We were going to have her party on Saturday, but with everyone here and there and around the square, we didn't have it until Sunday. We had a Super Bowl/Birthday Party all in one. She was spoiled by her aunts, uncles & Mimi (& gramps). Lots of dresses, shoes and jewelry. That's what she asked for. Lots of pink and lots of fun! She also got a cool baby/puppy set from Mimi and Polly's from her McCourt Cousins. She had a super fun day, and loved it all. She has never had a party with her Texas cousins, so she was happy.

I think I mentioned before that they thought that Jacob had Celiacs disease. Well, I took him and Kristen to LSU on Jan. 25th or so (it was a Friday), and they had biopsies done. Both tests came back negative, so we are feeling really blessed and very happy. I had already bought some gluton-free bread for Jacob, and he was eating it. I got the test results back before lunch on Thursday, and I called the school and when I talked to him I told him to throw that nasty sandwich away and go eat a real school lunch (he loves them!) with a chocolate milk even! He was sooooo happy!

We watched the ending of President Hinckley funeral yesterday too. I meant to watch it, but I ended up having to go to the store or somewhere, and wasn't back in time. We were then going to watch it last night at 7pm when it was rebroadcast, but we forgot that too. Maybe it will be on BYU-TV this week sometime.

We've had a great weekend in Killeen, and I am going to be sad to leave. I am going to try to come back the Monday after Easter since that is the beginning of my kids Spring Break.

0 Read What I Wrote: