All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

That inner feeling...

or as we call it, the Holy Ghost. You know, I need to rely on him just a bit more. I have told countless stories to my mom about how I had that "feeling", and I didn't follow through. Again, I didn't listen yesterday:

Lauren has earned quite a bit of money. She will get her booty out there and work in those chicken houses whenever she is needed because she knows she will get paid something. Lauren reminds me of my brother, Todd. He always earned his money & saved it especially if he knew a trip was coming up. Lauren had her money, and went to Walmart with me the other day. She only bought a few small things, as she is wanting to save it for Girls Camp this summer. The more she has, the more she can get for her secret sister. On Monday, I let Josh take the Suburban to school/work, but he had to drop Lauren off at school because she had a project with her. She takes her wallet out of her purse and places it on the seat. Yesterday morning before school she went to go get it, and could not find it. After school she looked again, and could not find it. Comes in upset. I go out with her, and we clean the Suburban out (a rarity) to see if we can find it (also because Josh had to pick up the Elders, and I didn't want them to see a messy car!). Could not find it! Found everything else, but not that. I had a feeling to check my purse. Naaaaaaa... it wouldn't be in there. I have been in my purse 2 times already that day, and didn't see it.

Josh comes home from Seminary this morning, and asks if I have seen his moisturizer lotion. I told him to check my purse because I might have stuck it in there when I was cleaning out the car. He pulls out Lauren's wallet instead. I was shocked, to say the least, but so happy! She had already left for school and was still a bit upset from loosing it. I told her to check the lost & found at school just in case it fell out of the car when she got out. She knew if it was there, her $35 would be gone (her wallet was stolen before and then found, but her $1.50 was gone). I am picking her up today for a dentist appt, so she will be happy when she sees it. I love seeing her smile! :-)

BTW... Josh's lotion was on the stairs. A snake would have bit him!

1 Read What I Wrote:

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

You son is so girly! Moisturizer lotion?! C'mon! LOL!