All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

College bound!

Yikes! I can't even believe I am old enough to have one that is almost on his way to college! After many months of deciding as what to do, Josh finally decided to go to BYU-Idaho (Ricks to us!). Unfortunately because he waited so long, and me not getting on the ball to check out dates and all, we missed the deadline for the Fall 2008 Track. :-( I even emailed my sister-in-law whose dad worked in the admissions off for years and years to see if we could get some "pull" and no such luck. Josh will entered college life in the Winter 2009 Track. Wow! Going from Arkansas, where chances are the weather will be 80 on New Years Day, to possibly -20 in Rexburg! He wants Shawn & I to go out as well, and if finances are allowable, we may. If not, then my brother & sister-in-law will pick him up in Idaho Falls. Until he gets out there, he is going to work his butt off here to make some money to help pay for some of this. He will be on Winter/Summer 2009 Tracks, and when the summer is over in July, he will come home and wait for his mission. He will turn 19 at the end of July 09. Is it even possible?

1 Read What I Wrote:

Mimi and Grandpa's House said...

The boys and I took Brett out to Ricks in August. We left him there around the 28th. As we drove off - I teared up leaving him standing in the parking lot, tears in his eyes, waving good-bye --- in a snow storm! It will toughen him up!
Love, Dad