All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The insulin pump

Tonight was the night that I had to change it for the first time by myself. So, in the mist of a baby screaming his head off because I couldn't hold him for the 30 minutes, Jacob & I figured it out ourselves! I did good. I am quite proud. It's not easy. One thing that I will have to do for the next year, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, is get up at 2-3am to check Jacob's blood sugar. They have to have the readings during the night to start adjusting. At the end of the year, we should be able to go all night without checking. So now that means I won't get a good night's sleep for another year... oh, wait! I haven't sleep all night since the night before Joey was born!

And the insurance company will pay 75% of the sensor for the pump, which I thought it came with, but didn't. Shawn & I are going to see what we can do. The pump isn't cheap ($6000+), so I am sure the sensor is a bit pricy.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I can't help you with the cost of the pump, but I can try and help you with other things. For instance, do you need alcohol pads? Insulin (if so, what kind)? Bandaids?

Let me know and I can see what samples I have at work that I can bring with me to your house at Spring Break.

At least it would help keep some of your cost down. What mg of Synthroid are you on? We NEVER keep that in, but sometimes I am lucky enough to see some in our drug closet. Any other medications? Let me know!