All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Being Redneck

My sister-in-law, Val, left a comment in my Mouse a la mode post saying that I was redneck, or that was redneck, or something like that. Well, I'm proud to be a Redneck! :-D

Never thought it would happen to me. I swore when I married Shawn that we would never move here, or at least never live on this farm. I was a "proper" city girl, and my kids always matched, girls always had bows in their head, and they never got dirty. Josh asked once if he could get dirty. I may not have had brand-new furniture, but I thought my house(s) looked nice even if it wasn't the best.

Now, I'm lucky if I can even get them to put on something that even looks remotely clean or matching. LOL!! I have started back with the bows in the little girls hair (thanks Aubrey!). But that's only for church & school. If we are going to Walmart, heck I don't care if they are wearing boots (which was a no-no for me before) with shorts or a dress. I don't care if they still have Ketchup on their face, or a Kool-aid smile, from the day before (ok, maybe not the day before, but that day).

My living room furniture is ugly. When we were about to move here, Shawn told me that I could get some new couches that December. Well, almost 3 yrs later, and I am still using the Goodwill couches that Shawn's mom left for us. Yes, she had those things in this house before she moved out, and still thinks they are very nice! Yes, they are nice that I can use them instead of sitting on the floor, but nice as in nice looking? GROSS! Maybe one of these days I can get some new leather couches. Until then, I will use my ugly redneck couches in my redneck house.

My redneck house is so not done. Insulation sticking out of here and there. The redneck stairs are horrible. The trimmings and borders are redneck, and my A/C unit "door" is so redneck. Shawn puts the "door" back up, and leaves it on the silver side. WHY? At least put the white side up to kinda blend. LOL!!

I will say I am rather embarrassed to live in a Redneck house. I hate it. Josh doesn't want me to do a graduation party for him unless the foyer and dining room are done, but oh, well. We are Redneck, so it'll fit the part!

0 Read What I Wrote: