All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Our trip home

We leave Killeen on Monday. We first stop at my brother's restrurant to eat some good pizza, and to also watch on my dad's computer the announcement of the new First Presidency (on BYU-TV). We head out about 12:30. We get the part for the backhoe that Shawn bought back in the fall. Needless to say, we were cramed full, and I told him before we even left to go down to my parents, to get the toprack. Of course, no one ever listens to me. So, almost everything gets taken out, and this huge part placed in the back, and everything set back on top. The joy of smelling oil and grease all the way back!

As we got back onto I-35N, I felt the Suburban make a weird "jump" as one could say, and I pulled a "Barbara" and asked if the part could have caused that. About 30 minutes later (maybe less), we are sitting on the side of the highway dead. Battery and starter still making noise, but it isn't keeping it started. Shawn decides it must be some bad gas (thanks Mickey's!), and that we need to find a Walmart or an auto parts store ASAP. We are now heading on I-20E/I-635N because of 2 reasons (in order of importance): 1) we may go look at a new truck that we do not need in Quitman, TX even though the Suburban has already given us a problem (or a "sign" as I call it), 2) just in case it gives us more problems, it's easier to get pulled over on this highway instead of being like the poor lady on I-30/I-35 that we saw on the way down. Of course #2 happens again, and again before we saw a Walmart. We exit, and we then died again as we were trying to go at the stoplight. Cars were honking and all that. I was rather embarrassed. We were stuck through 2 lights before it started again. We finally parked at Walmart, got the stuff that Shawn thought we might need, and leave (20 minutes later & topped off with Extra Super Supreme gas... only $2.89/gal!). We go 50 miles. We are almost to Greenville, when it dies again. We then get almost to Sulpher Springs. Then we almost get to Mt. Pleasant. Then it dies again at New Boston. But after that, we were cool until we get to Texarkana, and it dies at a stop sign. Good thing no traffic. We finally get home (5 hrs later after leaving Dallas!)! I drove it around some on Tuesday, and it did fine. And Josh drove it today to Seminary and had no problems. Maybe it was that part? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... only makes one wonder?

And Kristen & Lauren don't have anymore fevers, but Lindsey is dragging on with hers. Already she was taking Onisef for her sore throat last week, and now a fever. Maybe her body hasn't built back all her immunities? Possible? She is eating better, but she still looks quite pale. Kristen now has the cough again, and I have had to give her some breathing treatments. I have 2 left, and can't afford anymore right now. I have to decide what is more important, and obviously Jacob's stuff is going to "win", but I hate to have to decide at the beginning of the year since we have to meet a deductible and have no money as to who gets what. Shawn needs his Lipitor as well, but can't afford that. I know it's silly, but I can't help it. I am so tired of sick kids, and I have had a lot of it this winter. I just want everyone better!!!!!!!!

I have a lot to do before Saturday, and I am really beginning to stress out. Lauren has a science project due, and I know nothing about science. Never was my best subject. Actually none of it was my best subject. Shawn is working next few days, and having to go to Shreveport with me on Saturday (he is giving a talk in front of 2 GA's!), then back down to Shreveport on Sunday for the main conference. Actually I think he is off on Friday because I think he mentioned about going to Quitman then... yeah, right!





My baby is so dang cute. I got him a cute outfit a few months ago at Sams, and it's brown/lt. blue, and with his blonde hair, he is so cute! Don't know if I'll get a picture, but I'll try.

0 Read What I Wrote: