All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Congrats Chef Chad! *UPDATE*

I am so proud of my brother!! The following is an email that I got from my dad:
My son, Chef Chad Pritchard, was invited to participate in the Austin Asian Food Fest Iron Chef of Austin competion. He was one of 4 chefs in the competition. On Saturday there were two heats, the Quarter final and the semi-final. Chad told me that no one would be more surprised than he if he advanced. The quarter final was divided into two heats and the winner of each heat advanced to the semi. Chad easily won for the appitizer he made. The secret ingredient was Coconut Milk. Later that afternoon he faced a chef from Tailand. They had to make an entree, with the secret ingredient being "fine shrimp paste". Chad prepared a stirfry that won hands down. In Sunday's final he faced last years winner, the Austin Iron Chef, Chef Chan. Because of the events with my grandson, I couldn't attend the finals, but text messages were flying. The first from my daughter-in-law came at 3 pm, "HE WON!". He will get a write up in the Austin-American Statesman newspaper, a write up in Texas Monthly Magazine, and has had several offers to move to Austin, which he is willing to do. We shall see.



*The Killeen Daily Herald had this in the Sep. 10th paper.*


0 Read What I Wrote: