All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Popcorn Popping in the...

air popper?
I took my old one that I had (and got when I got married 19 years ago!) to church last night. I did Activity Day for the 8-11 yr old kids @ church, and I decided to make them some caramel corn. I've always used the air popper even though my sister says to use the microwave butter ones because it makes it taste better. Anyway, so I had to drag it out of the storage room, and it was covered in dust. To tell you the truth, I don't know the last time I used it. I've saved it from the trash can many times since Shawn feels since I haven't used it in years, it needs to be tossed. I am at the church starting to pop the kernals, and Kayley walks in. She thought it was the coolest thing ever! I asked her if she doesn't remember me using it, and she says no. So, there you have it~ almost 12 years old (Kayley is) and doesn't remember me ever using it... that's how long it's been!
Easy Caramel Corn
*Pop 1/2 c. popcorn kernals or microwave 1-2 bags of butter popcorn. Remove all unpopped seeds as you DO NOT want to bite down on those. Place in big bowl.
*In saucepan, melt 1 stick of real butter on med-low heat. Add 2/3 c. brown sugar. Mix well until smooth. Add 13 jumbo marshmallows.
*After all melted and smooth, pour over popcorn and mix well. Best when eaten warm. Enjoy!

2 Read What I Wrote:

Valerie said...

I have been looking for a popper...I want to string popcorn for our Christmas Tree this year. So if you want to let me barrow it for the next 12years(until you might use it again) I would be happy to take it home with me after Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

wow . . . i didn't even know these things still existed!