All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Joey & Bro. Hanson

I meant to post this a while back, but didn't. Joey turned 18 months in June. That, of course, makes him officially in nursery at church. Yah... right! He won't have anything to do with it. Past few Sundays I have had to teach a Sunday School class, and if I take him to class with me, then he distracts the kids from learning the awesome lesson that I have prepared for them. So, I make him go to nursery. He screams, and he screams and he screams some more. I feel sooooooo bad. My mother-in-law feels even worse, but I've told her to leave him in for now. I tell the teacher that if he is still screaming after my SS lesson, I'll get him. I always go back to check, and he's fine. But, he's only fine because dear Bro. Hanson is in there with him! They go get him because for some odd reason (which is great!) he loves Bro. Hanson (but hates my dad and any other male in my family). Bro. Hanson will sit in there with him, and Joey is just fine. He'll play, eat snack, and all that, but won't do anything unless Bro. Hanson is there! Bro. Hanson is such a saint! He goes to church to sit with my kid!
What else has this kid been up too? Well, let's see... he's still into playing in and throwing things into the toilet. When the door doesn't get closed, he is there. My whole box of brand-new tampons (from a previous post) is about gone (I need to remember to put them up higher!), all the bathtub toys have been dumped into it. Krissy said that he did flush something down it a week or so ago, but no clogged toilet~yet! He absolutely loves putting his hands in it, and then coming out to show me that he is wet. Oh, and the best thing that he has put in it, is the Game Boy. Yes, the-not-cheap-Game-Boy-that-Jacob-got-for-Christmas has been thrown in, and now doesn't work. Just made my day on that one. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

0 Read What I Wrote: