All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Activity Night

Since I am filling in for my Mother-in-law with her calling, I am doing the Activity Night tonight for the 8-11 yr old Primary kids. I don't say girls, how they mostly are for in our wards/stakes, but our Primary is so small, and with Jacob being in a local cub scout group, we have the boys (which usually just is Jacob) attend. She and me try to make sure we do "co-ed" things so Jacob doesn't feel left out or out of place. Tonight I am teaching them to sew a basic stitch as we make bean bags for the nursery. Hey, all boys need to learn how to do a basic stitch... especially since when they are on their mission they may need to sew a tear up in their pants or socks... LOL!! I am hoping that we have at least 5 there, but last time we only had 2 (my own 2!). There are 9 that should be coming. Kayley invited 2 of her friends, and 1 can't come & the other we don't know yet. I think they kids will have a good time.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Anonymous said...

i don't even know how to do a basic stitch! and i still ask mom to sew on my buttons. i know . . . pathetic!