All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

HaLLoWeen CoSTuMeS!

Unlike my sisters, or my sister-in-law, who love to dress up for Halloween, my kids are lucky they even get to the Halloween party dressed as something! Maybe it was because we never really dressed up after we hit 12 yrs old, and before then, we never got the "cool" costumes like everyone else had (hey, having 8 children was hard!), and so I've never got into it with my own children. Yes, when I was younger and had less children, I did dress them up some, but past few years... like I said, they are lucky they even get to the Halloween Party! Every year though, I do vow to be different that year, and actually do something, but I haven't yet. One year I did buy a pattern and material (which I still have) to make "Dorothy" costumes for Krissy & Lindsey. Here is Joey with a wig that I had bought back in Bryan. I DID have a cute picture of Lindsey in it, but alas... it's on the pictures that were lost. He actually kept it on most of the night, and was a cute boy with a clown wig...
Here he is in the costume contest for kids 0-3 yrs. No, he didn't win (are you surprised?). The pink girl won one of the places, and I don't think Hulk is in this picture, but he won. He was cute. If you can see Lauren's outfit, she has on a "Bach to Broadway" costume (ask Holly), and she won for best original in the 12-18 yrs contest as a majorette. Her friend Victoria also won.
Lindsey as Spy Girl (don't ask), and Krissy as Belle. I did her hair, and it was cute.
Jacob going as the ol' stand-by Pinnochio. I actually made this costume when I was very very pregnant with Jacob, for Josh. Josh was in a school play, and needed this. I've kept it all these years, and both Lauren & Kayley have each worn this costume too, and have both won. Jacob did wear this a few years ago, and won in that contest, and won again this year for Best Original for 8-12 yrs. Wow! So creative I am!!
The twins in our ward as Thing 1 & Thing 2. Actually they played this part well. Actually, they play this part well every time you see them no matter when it is!! They were cute!
The day after... Joey so sick! If you do a close-up on his nose, you will see how gross it is. He fell asleep to Texarkana as I was taking him to see Dr. P. Dr. P assured us no ear infection this time (he just got over a double ear infection a few weeks ago), but maybe RSV. He is on medication, and seems to be doing a lot better. Kayley had RSV when she was 9 months old, and was admitted to the hospital for 2 days.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Becca said...

That Joey is so darn cute--I hope he gets better soon!

I remember Lauren wearing the Pinnochio costume in Bryan--she looked perfect in it, with her lanky build :)--it's good to have a costume you can pass down like that.