All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

WaRD HaLLoWeeN PaRTY

So, I was in charge of it again this year. I had my friend Cori do the decorating, and it was very cute considering the budget we DON'T have. I got the YW/YM to do the games and cupcake walk, and the Primary presidency along with their judges, did the costume contest. I forgot to do the prizes for the pumpkin contest, and the coolest of the 3 there was Victoria's so I told her she won. She had Harry Potter's face carved into it and a cape draping the outside of the pumpkin. It was rather cute and original. I think she is still in love with Harry. I didn't do a chili contest like I did last year, and that I think caused me not to be so stressful. We had lots of chili, the Frito-pie works, cornbread and I also did a crock-pot of mac & cheese and oranges for the kids (both yellow/orange), and all of that was gone (except for a tiny bit of mac & cheese). We had tons of cupcakes, and I had a few adults (me included) do the cupcake walk. The RS room (off of the cultral hall) was decorated cute by the YW for their little games. I went in there a few times, and the kids seemed like they were having a great time winning some prizes. I know my little kids did. They did an awesome job. Thanks guys! About 8pm, all went outside for the Trunk-or-Treating and a tractor pull ride by the bishop. My kids came home with loads of candy (for me to raid on Monday), and it's the good stuff too!! We left the church by 9pm, and I was in bed by 10:30pm. It was a fun night I think. I hope my ward had a good time.

0 Read What I Wrote: