All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Bar-B-Q

Many, many years ago, Shawn & I decided to invest in a charcoal grill. He really wanted to grill chicken, and wanted to think that he was actually helping with the dinner the night I decide to grill. Many years later, and hundreds of nasty burnt chicken, and total embarrassement at a dinner that we had invited friends over... I banned Shawn from grilling FOREVER! This was while we lived in Bryan. Never again would I allow it from him. I then started to try to master it. I read books and articles on how to have the perfect charcoal-grilled food, and while I was getting close, it still wasn't great. Finally I asked a friend about it, and she told me the secret! And from then on, I have truly mastered it, and have never had burnt chicken (or steak, or hamburgers or hot dogs or whatever) again. The secret? Can't tell! But I will say that the chicken that I grilled tonight was superb!
*Oh, and just to let you know... I cannot stand gas grills, even though I know most restaurants (and my dad and brother, Chad) cook their food that way. Maybe that's why I never get the steak or chicken much because of it.

2 Read What I Wrote:

Traylor Family said...

All that and you're not giving up the secret? Dang-it. Oh well, we're living in an apartment right now and so we're not allowed to grill anyway.

Becca said...

Hmm . . . I might add you on my friends list if you tell me the charcoal grill secret :)