All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Family History Work

This is another thing I love doing. It's so interesting to find out about your family. I particularly like looking at the names and seeing how they are spelled. Sometimes you get weird spellings for normal names, and all I can think of is that the mother or father didn't know how to spell good, and ended up sounding out the name. I can't think of any off the top of my head right now, but even looking at obits in the local paper, sometimes have weird spellings.
I am helping Josh with his family history job. I am glad that I can help. It's been fun and interesting at the same time. Family Search is so easy! Anyone could do it! I would love for some of my siblings to help me on some names. I have a lot of our grandparents ancestors, but I need their siblings. I'm going to have to get on Ancestory.com to find those I am sure. But sometimes when I enter a name on Family Search, a whole line of family shows up! I love it! I haven't found any famous people yet (even though it's been rumored that we are related to the Presidents John Adams & John Quincy Adams), but I have found that we are related to a bunch of Kings/Queens of England & Scotland, and have traced on the Adair line back to 99 AD!
To think that I am about 1000th in line to be the Queen of England! Yikes-o-la!

0 Read What I Wrote: