All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Luau & other things...


My kids love this Primary activity that the presidency does each year. It's not spiritual, but does it *have* to be? In fact, are they ever spiritual? I can't remember if our ward does them that way or not. I always see in The Friend of wards/stakes that do temple things, and other church related things, but I honestly cannot think of our Primary has ever done an activity that is gospel-related. But the kids always have a fun time going, and dressing up. Kayley didn't go this year as she is not here, so the little girls used her & Lauren's hula skirts, leis and Jacob wore his big hat. I found a cute Old Navy shirt for Joey a few weeks back with hawaiian print, so he wore that and an orange lei. It was really cute of them. I will try to get pictures posted. After the party party, they fed the kids lunch and we went home.




Josh is on his way home from the Pioneer Trek in northern Oklahoma. He went a few years ago with the College Station Stake (the week after we moved here), and showed the Stake YM presidency CD about it (thanks Mari Ayn!), and it was then planned for this year for our stake. Found out that he has to do a few more things on his Eagle form, so he better hurry up! He turns 18 in just 5+ weeks! Yikes!

Lauren just returned yesterday with her cousin, Rebekah, from Young Womens Camp in the Killeen Tx Stake. Wow... it just seems like yesterday that I was the bratty YW attending camp there, and now I have a daughter that went. This was her 2nd year, and she had a great time. She goes again in a few weeks with our stake, where she will finish up her 2nd year stuff. She got sick the first night there, and by the second night she was given a priesthood blessing. I don't know if my mom was called or not but I never was even though my cell phone was on the emergency contact form. She was better after that, and had a great remaining time. Rebekah is also coming to our camp. They can't wait.

Kayley is having a great time at Mimi's & Grampa's because cousin Meghan (from KY) is down visiting. She loves hanging out with her, and seeing all her cousins. She calls me almost daily to tell me she loves me and misses me, and wants to know what we are doing. I tell her we are being bored, so enjoy the time of swimming everyday (Mimi has a pool!).

0 Read What I Wrote: