All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, June 09, 2008

A long time

44 years ago today, Shawn had an older brother named Michael, that died. He was only 3 days old. He had spinal menengitis (sp), and nothing could be done. Wow, how 44 years have changed! Michael was buried before my mother-in-law could even leave the hospital (back in those day in Shreveport, it was a week long stay!). I don't know the whole reasoning for that, but I do know thay my mother-in-law was upset. I don't want to make judgements, because as I said, I don't know the whole reasoning. I am just glad for the plan of salvation. We know that Michael is up there waiting for his momma & his family to one day join him.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Steph K said...

I don't remember ever knowing about Michael. It is relevant to me now. It was 3 years ago today that our son died. We were just leaving for the hospital about now.

Steph