All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pomerene Ward in Benson, AZ

It's always fun going to a new ward as a visitor. I don't go very often as we are not people that travel the world. But today we went to church in Benson. We knew that the ward started at 1pm, and I was happy because then I could sleep in.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
What a joke! The freakin' sun is already up at 5:30am, so guess who was already up? Yes, all 4 kids and me. Shawn went walking, so it's kinda his fault for waking us all up. Grrrrr! So, after 5 hrs of kids whinning, crying and being loud, we went for a ride around the area before heading to church. We went to an area 6 miles south of Benson called St. David. Only like 2 buildings in the whole town... the school & the LDS church. Nothing in the town, but yet this town had a huge (old) building with lots of cars in the parking lot. I looked up the population, and it's like 1400! I was like DANG! After I got back to the motel I looked up the church website, and there are 3 wards meeting in that building! Did you read that right? 3 wards! I was like SO NOT FAIR! Here I am, living in a town of 4000+ people, and we can't even get a branch! We get to Pomerene Ward (they share the building with Benson Ward... that's 5 wards within 6 miles difference!), and it was so nice to start on time! Hehe! Our ward never starts on time, and this ward did, and we even had 40 minutes of Sunday School time instead of 30 or less because it seems like everyone talks and talks and talks after Sacrament Meeting. I never thought Sunday School was going to end! LOL! The kids sang when the other Primary kids sang their Father's Day songs. I told the kids no matter what ward they are in, they are part of the Primary, and they all sing the same songs. They went to their classes, and had a great time. Kristen was so glad that she wasn't the only girl, and Jacob was glad that he was one of 6 boys his age! Man, I love big Primaries! I wish our ward would get more children. I then went to Relief Society, and they are having their Super Saturday "Fun Day" as they called it on the same Saturday as ours, and it looks like it's going to be so much fun. I brought one of their sign-up papers home to show my ward RS. They are doing the FHE board like our ward is doing, but only charging $15 instead of $23 like us. They are also doing the Tile decor, which I thought I was so funny since they are doing 2 things that we had planned. They are doing a super-duper cute 4th of July photo album for $6. I really want one! LOL!! They are having 5 hrs of fun. About 45 minutes for each class time 4 times (they are doing the FHE board & quilt 2 times), about 30 minutes for the message, and an hour for lunch.
Kids are driving me nuts again, so I think we will head somewhere. I am so tired of all being crammed into a small space. I am so not vacation material with small kids. I am reminding myself that next time KIDS STAY HOME!

0 Read What I Wrote: