All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Devil child, devil child!

One of my favorite movies is Hairspray. In one scene, the mother is tying Penny up from going to find Tracy. She turns on the "Lords Prayer" and tells her that she is only going to get bread & water, and to pray for Tracy. As she leaves the room, the mother shakes a rosary at Penny saying "Devil child, devil child!" LOVE IT! Cracks me up!

And so this phrase has captured Shawn & I, as we call our little sweet innocent Joey: devil child, devil child! You certainly can tell he is the last child, and even if I *was* planning on having one more, he has certainly became instant birth control! Just as I was writing this, he looks up at me on the couch and gives me a devilish grin... and then he dumps the whole bag of Candy Land cards upside down. I mean, why not?

He certainly keeps our house in a constant flow of mess. Between him & Lindsey, I know my house will never stay uncluttered for at least another few years. Lindsey isn't bad as just dumping toys... just not wanting to pick up.

It's not normal not to have cereal of some sort dump all over the kitchen or living room floor everyday ALL DAY. He insist on feeding himself, but hasn't mastered yet. It normal to have dinner all over the floor or his hair. It's normal for me to search the trash can daily for things that shouldn't be thrown away. It's normal for things to fall or being knocked over constantly. It's normal for his sippies or bottle to be drained of all liquid. It's normal for the diapers to be ripped off. It's normal for loud unnecessary noises at all times of the days, and if it's ever quiet you know you better go find him. The bigger the things for him to get into, the louder he gets. Why can't I have a quiet little boy like everyone else? Oh, wait! I had one of those already... actually I had 2 sons already like that, so it was only normal to have one that wasn't. LOL!!! He loves to climb up and up and up, and they higher he is getting into something, the better he loves it. He loves to climb into my bathroom sink and sit in it. I'll go in there and there he is... sitting in the sink, both toothbrushes in his mouth, everything else knock on the floor, and the water going soaking him. One of these days, I'll get a picture. Why shouldn't I have paper plates all over my floor (like now), plastic ware thrown all over? I have gates, crates, boxes, doors closed, you name it... but the moment one thing is not in it's place, he is there (like the bathroom when girls forget to close the door). Last night he refused to lay down in his crib. I was tired, Shawn was tired (had to work today), and we were both tired of listening to him scream. He goes into my bed. Shawn & I just lie there as he jumps all over us, sits on us, you name it. Finally he calms down after 10 minutes and is asleep.

Is it because we are "old" parents and we have done it all over & over & over & over, and almost tired of it all (as colored paper & bills are being thrown off the table...)? To any of my friends out there who want large families... have all your children within 10-12 yrs of marriage. After that, it's just to hard with babies, & teenagers at the same time! But, it's so worth it, no matter how large the mess, and how much your toddler is the "Devil child, devil child!"

0 Read What I Wrote: