All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The reason for my poll...

is well, Shawn & I have only been by ourselves ONCE since having kids. We've never gone anywhere ourselves. When I was 100 months pregnant with Jacob, ok, I had 6 weeks to go, Shawn & I went to Kerrville, Tx for 2 nights, but that was it. It was nice, but I was pregnant! In a few months it'll be our 19th. Hard to believe sometimes that next year it'll be 20, but it's true! This is the year that I've spent 1/2 my life with Shawn so far... crazy! I'll post some pictures of us youngin's when it gets closer to our anniversary. Anyway, we figured next year, close to our 20th, he & I will take Josh to Utah to report to the MTC, so I'm pretty sure we won't be able to go anywhere else exciting (since we will have to get him ready to go). Shawn said to plan somewhere to go this year. I'm poor. I don't know what he wants me to do because I can't pay for it yet. But I guess I can plan it. I would love to go to La Jolla since Shawn has NEVER BEEN TO CALIFORNIA, and I thought it was so beautiful when I went a few years ago (brother Scott got married in the San Diego Temple).

But then again, I would love to go to Capitola, CA where I spent a few summers at my Gramma's beachhouse. It was sold, and if it's possible to rent out, I would love to rent it. I loved going there. Capitola is in the Monterry Bay area just north of Carmel, CA. So pretty.
My brother, Brett & his wife love Sandals, and I think it would be fun to go there too.
And Shawn has never been to FL either, and I went to the Destin area every summer until I was 11. I loved Ft. Walton Beach. I always had so much fun. Problem is, I want to go to all, but I will only be able to (barely) afford one place this year.


0 Read What I Wrote: