All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Josh's day & a good movie

He had to be at work at 7am, so after he was off we were going to go take him to a movie. We wanted to go see Dark Night because well, it's grossed over $300 million in 1 week, and everyone has probably seen it except us, so we went to the 4:10 show. We were the first ones in there, so we got the best seats. About 25 followed us, so it wasn't a sell-out show.
IT WAS AWESOME!
A few swear words, yes... but not a lot. I can really only think of 1 that caught me off guard, but it wasn't the fudge word. Heath Ledger did play a fantastic job. I was hoping that all the critics weren't praising him because he had died, etc... He was awesome! He played the Joker very well.
Afterwords we went to the Cracker Barrel to just try it again (it's been years since I've been to it here in Texarkana), and let's just say... it may be years again. I just wasn't impressed with it. I rather have Cheddars or Black-eyed Pea but since Texarkana doesn't have those, I rather go to Outback or even Chilis! They sang Happy Birthday to him, which he hated, but loved too.
We then got home, and the kids had decorated his room with some streams & balloons, and made a card for him. He was not in a good mood because he says he was tired. So we sang Happy Birthday to him again, and he went to bed.

0 Read What I Wrote: