All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Salsa anyone?

In the past 3 days, I've made 10 quart-size jars of homemade salsa. All the veggies in it (tomatoes, onions & all sorts of peppers) are from our garden. And it's quite tasty too! Another thanks to Suzanne for her awesome recipe!
A beautiful blend of yummy veggies!
And this is my cake from last night.
And did I get anything from the list that hung on my frige for 20 days? Nope. Nada. Nothing. Those were the only things that I wanted. Instead I got a lot of my favorite candy. Yes, I love my candy that I got, and I certainly could say that I "needed" it instead of wanting it, but I needed the candy like I needed a hole in my head. I am trying to loose weight, so the candy is going back, and I am going to get me some cardstock/scrapbooking paper instead. I also got a dozen of red roses. They are pretty.


2 Read What I Wrote:

Valerie said...

Yes! We have two Mexicans in this house!

Sorry that you have a lame brother...you wrote your b-day on our kitchen calendar and everything! Scott and I have an agreement, he remembers and executes birthdays for his side of the family and I remember mine...so Sorry! You don't look a day over 28!

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I'll take some salsa!