All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lazy days

Before I go on, let me add... I don't know what I was thinking when I said I was going to homeschool, but I'm not. End of story.

Summer is hard on me living here. We are out in the middle of freakin' nowhere, with nothing to do. Sure, I could find plenty to do in my house or outside, but that gets old after a while. We did go to AZ, and big girls went to my parents for almost 5 weeks, and Josh went to a few places, but that's it. It's not like this area has a lot of places to go do with kids, and the places they do have cost big $$. I hear Shreveport has an awesome Science museum, but again, I'm to poor to even drive there unless I really really have too. Basically I've become a recluse in my own house and only go to Walmart or church when I have too. I am going to a baby shower tomorrow (yipee!), but I also have a million other things I have to go do as well since I am making my weekly visit (okay, it's my 2nd visit this week since we took Josh out Tuesday night) to town.

My friend posted about about the fire department coming to let out some water, and her kids had a grand time with that. I don't even know where the closest hydrant is at! Actually, now that is scary to think about! Kids do get out in the garden in the mornings, and help with chickens & goats (we have 3 new baby kids!). They have been picking and cleaning veggies to take to the Farmers Market here in town, and they made quite a bit this morning, so they were happy. Joey is a constant mess who keeps my house is a constant mess. I think I am to old now for anymore little ones. Oh, I am so glad I said that!

I've signed up for Netflix, and we've gotten some good movies lately. I've been getting Disney ones, and kids love them. Recent one I got was Fun & Fancy Free. It was filmed in 1947, so it's old, but the kids love it! I love it! Today we got a Disney Classic Tales. A lot of cartoon shorts.

I did take the kids to the lake on Monday MYSELF (thank you very much!). They had a great time. We went to Lake Greason about an hour NE of here. We are going again on Saturday. Any local friends are invited to join us! I don't know when we will be there, so call me.

0 Read What I Wrote: