All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Yucky day so far...

Up all night with an upset stomach. I hate being this way. Then I had to get Lauren to the church by 6:45am (remember 25 minute drive 1 way!), and I had to stop along the way to make a pit stop. It's so not fun. Lauren is going to be gone for a total of about 54 hrs. Camp is only 2 nights and barely 2 full days. I guess with the funding (Pioneer Trek in June), there just wasn't enough money to pay for the big camp area they always go to at Zwolle State Park in Louisiana. She'll have a great time though.

Josh seems to be doing better this morning. He got up, ate a banana & took some more pain meds. His face isn't as swollen. He is waiting for Wadley to call him back to come in for a drug test.

Kayley is glad to be home. Was so excited to taste her first zucchini of the year last night. Since she's been gone, the zucchini came in full bloom, and she was excited to have it cooked the way she liked it (Mimi may have fixed it that way... but I'm not sure). She is asking for another Blackberry cobbler too (yuck to food right now!).

The other kiddos are doing good. Playing and playing and doing whatever.

I was going to post about our 4th of July. After I got to Killeen with the 2 little girls, we had a BBQ at my sister's (Heather) house. She just moved in to her new house that shares a backyard with my parents. That's pretty cool. After my 4 girls ate, they, my mom & I went to the high school to get on the bus to take us to Ft. Hood. They have an awesome fireworks show. After getting there, I realized that I hadn't been to Ft. Hood fireworks since 2004! It didn't seem that long, but apparently it has. Lindsey thought they were cool since she really hasn't seen them before. Ashdown doesn't have a great show... but then again, Ashdown has nothing great. After the 40 minute show (it really was awesome!), we headed back. We stood in line to get back on the bus for almost as hour, and we finally got home 11:50pm! We had a great time, and I was glad we went.

Texarkana does their fireworks show the Saturday after. I don't know why they do that. It's soooooooooo dumb! Josh and his friend, Ashley, went to go see them, and he said that it was only like 15 minutes. Oh, well.

0 Read What I Wrote: