All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, October 10, 2008

2 so far (WARNING: NOT FOR WEAKLINGS)

Last Friday night (3rd), Josh got the first kill of the season... a nice size doe.
Gimme some tongue!
Last night, Shawn got the 1st buck of the season. He's quite proud.
This is how we get our meat for the year. For a gal who never ate anything like this growing up, I've had to learn to eat it. I actually only get it done in hamburger w/out adding fat, and let me tell you... talk about lean! It doesn't taste game-y, and it's quite good. I leave the steaks & roasts to the steer that Shawn's dad has slaughtered each year. It sure does taste a lot better then store-bought stuff!

1 Read What I Wrote:

Suzanne said...

That is sick! But I know it's a fun sport for them. Poor Bambi!