All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jacob's day

We were going to go bowling tonight to celebrate Jacob's birthday, but it ended up being postponed until next Tuesday. One of Jacob's friends couldn't make it tonight, but Jacob really wanted him there. Tonight I am making Jacob his new favorite dinner: chicken pesto & manicotti, and for dessert~ white cake with white icing! What's the problemo with these kids wanting a white cake with white icing? I used a box mix but did make the icing. I was going to buy some decoration to put on top, but didn't make it to Hobby Lobby to get one. Our Walmart just doesn't have a lot of cake supplies, but then again, our Walmart doesn't have much of anything that you want! I put some fancy candles on the cake, and I don't even know if I will get pictures because my batteries are dead in my camera. I will get some for next week for sure! I got Jacob some new Boy Scout stuff the other day. He looked rather spiffy! He had to have it for a Sunday night worship. Yes, Sunday night worship at a local Baptist church.
Now, I'm not going to knock down this church, or any other church, but it was the weirdest thing! Maybe it's because I'm not used to it? I guess I was expecting it more like my church? To tell you the truth, this was the first time I have EVER been to another church for Sunday meeting. I was way over-dressed to begin with (black floral skirt + white shirt). Every lady was either in nice pants or capris or jeans. T-shirts too. I was rather shocked. After the service started, the pastor was lost with what to say about this or that, so the congregation would blurt "out the answers". No prayer was offered. I thought that was weird. Then the scouts presented the church a new flag (BTW: I put Jacob in this local group since he was the only active cubbie at church, and they can't just have 1 scout to have an active group). But before it was presented, the pastor did a slide show with rock music. I was rather shocked to say the least. But in the end, just before we left, the music director led us in singing The Star-Spangled Banner, and we left. In a way, when our missionaries or us invite people to come to our Sunday Sacrament Meeting, I guess I can see why they may feel uncomfortable. I sure was.
I mean, T-shirts and jeans? Geez!

0 Read What I Wrote: