All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Great! NOT!!

Ok, this is it! I am going to get off my Sonic drinks! I have too! I am so not well, and drinking that much caffeine a day is not helping. I am going to TRY to take Excederin to help me with my caffeine headaches that I am sure I will get. I am basically going to do a South Beach-type diet, as I need to lay off all sugars and white flour products. I probably have gained 20 lbs in 2 weeks. My periods are not regular anymore. I am trying to get an IUD in, but my periods are not cooperating with me, so I have made the call to my doctor to get in ASAP. I do not have the energy like I once had. Short background of my history (not that you want it, but you are getting it!):
When Josh was 2 1/2, my periods stopped. Of course, we thought we were pregnant, went to the doctor, and found out that I PROBABLY had endometrious or PCOS or PCOD or whatever it may be called. I had an ultrasound done, and my overies were huge and full of cysts. Great. When Josh was 3 1/2, I gained like 40 lbs in 2 months! I had lost all my weight after having Josh, and was now back up to what I was when I had him! Totally depressing. Doctor said it more then likely was the mentionables stated above, but that he wouldn't know for sure unless I had a laposcopy, which at the time, we didn't have insurance, so I didn't have it. He put me on 2 birth control pills a day for the next 7 months. After they were gone, we could try to get pregnant. In the meantime, having only 1 child, and a lot of siblings and my parents to watch Josh when I needed them too, I started walking. I walked 45 minutes in the morning, about 20-30 minutes at night, and basically did a 0 calorie diet (not really, but close). 7 months came, I had lost 40 lbs, and we started trying. In 2 months I was pregnant with Lauren. I called that doctor one more time (by now we were in Bryan & had to start going to a new doctor), and he told me to keep the PCOS from returning, I needed to stay pregnant and breastfeed as long as I could. Yeah... right! Well, yeah, right...I did! I had 6 children in almost 12 years!
Now I am having problems again. I had my period on Sept. 14 being the 3rd consecutive month since starting them back since having Joey. On Sept. 27th I had a "break-thru" for a few hours. It was weird. It really was. Last night, I had another "break-thru". I thought it was my period. My face is fat, and covered in zits, and so why not think it was my period? Nothing now. I know I'm not pregnant. I'm waiting for the doctor to call me. I haven't been able to sleep. I lay in the bed, and as I start to relax, I feel as though my body is tensing up or is starting to grow more fat, so I can't relax that well. Until then, I am just so not feeling well. I am down, depressed, fat, ugly, whatever. I hope I can get to my doctor tomorrow. Where am I going to get the energy to drive to Shreveport? I want to go today, but Shawn is working & my mother-in-law is at her Dr. appt.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Rebecca said...

Dang girl!!! Where was the phone when you were feeling so bummed! Call me for some therapy before you get this low! :0)
Hope you are feeling better!