All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Drug-Free Day

I think I blogged something about it last year. This week was Red Ribbon Week aka Drug-free at Krissy's school. I don't think the other schools did it this week because I only got the note home from Krissy's school. Krissy's school decided to have a one-day thing of it, and it was today. They were suppose to wear a crazy hat, crazy socks and wear red. The kindergarteners and 1st graders are in 1 school. They have a "drug-free parade". Basically, the parents decorate a shoebox-size box and put a lot of anti-drug stuff on. The bigger the better... you know the deal. A few days ago, my sister emailed me wanting me to send her a FHE book (I'm still sending it, BTW), and as I was looking through it, I found something on the Word of Wisdom. BINGO! I decided to make copies of the Word of Wisdom activities, and let Krissy color them and cut out. We wrapped the box in red paper last night, and decorated it with the trash can to throw all the trash (alcohol bottles & cigarettes), and lined the sides with fruit and veggies. We printed off a few "words of wisdom" and glued those on too... Wow! This school is going to get a missionary discussion yet! LOL!!

0 Read What I Wrote: