All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Woo Hoo



This Sunday I am going to my mom's. I can't say parents because my dad is in Hawaii (still). I rather be going to Hawaii, but going to Killeen will be the next best thing because it's hanging with my Mom! AND the best thing about the whole-going-to-my-mom's is... is that I get to go kid-less!! Did you read that? KIDLESS!!! Granted, it's not Hawaii, or to a spa in Arizona with my sister, or to BYU Educational week with a bunch of friends, but it's still going without kids to visit my mom (and my sisters... okay, and my brothers, and the in-laws, and the nephews & nieces) and have a good time for 3 full days without any of my kids. Now don't get me wrong, I love being with my kids, but I can use the break. At first Josh complained, and I was like... It's only 3 days out of 365! Let me have a break, dang it! Shawn is off the 4 days (he is working Sunday, but Josh & Lauren will be taking care of the kids until he gets off work), and he told me to go and have fun. I may not have a lot of $$ to spend, but I get to go and have some "me" time. Get to sleep in... get to sleep all night without kids bothering me, or a husband snoring... WOO HOO!!! I am excited!

1 Read What I Wrote:

Rebecca said...

LUCKY!