All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

In 40 years...

Will I really be missing all the little things that are happening now? After President Monson's talk, and then reading some blogs of friends who are more wiser than me, I have decided yes... I will miss~
Josh's moodiness especially when he doesn't want to do something, like, let's say... going to his Eagle Scout Board of Review last night. He pleaded, begged and even bribed (I almost got to go eat at Outback last night!), but I didn't give in, and he was moody until almost 7pm. He passed (who doesn't?), and is now an Eagle Scout!
Lauren's back-talking over everything and anything she doesn't get her way with. Maybe it will be her crying over the rest of the stuff? Maybe it's because she is 13 1/2?
Kayley's poutiness whenever she is asked to do something that she doesn't like... no matter what it is or the circumstance it may be.
Jacob's angriness over anyone who gets in his way while playing Game Boy or N64 or Sim City, and so therefore has been grounded from them for the next week.
Krissy's whininess every morning that it's time to get up for school or church. Saturdays are the best day for her to be in a great mood. Other days? Forget it!
Lindsey's tandrums for not being able to go to school even though she is the first one up and ready to go before anyone else!
Joey's mischievous ways... oh, will I miss the whole bottle of antibiotic being spilled from a supposedly kid-proof bottle, I doubt it. But I suppose I will miss having to dig things out of the toilet & trash can, and all the messes he makes in between.
But all in all, I have some great kids. Whose family is perfect? All families have their ups & downs. I will miss for sure the times when my kids got along, we did things as a family, and the times when we felt close to our Lord & Savior. I know this may sound sappy and all, but I will miss it. Josh is about to be gone in a year's time. I was thinking about this last night. I hope he remembers the good times we had. I hope he remembers that we did our best, even if it was buying a green mini-van that he hated! I will miss Lauren's talks about boys: "Mom, can I have a boyfriend?" Are you 16? "No." Well, then that's your answer. She's already had a boyfriend, yes, and hours did they speak on the phone, but after speaking to her, I told her maybe it would be better if they were just friends. She agreed, and still talks with Matt.
I do hope in 40 years my kids can look back and thank me, just like I have thanked my parents for the way they raised me. Things I did wrong were my choice, not because my parents didn't raise me well. They did they best they knew how, just like me.

1 Read What I Wrote:

Rebecca said...

Tell Josh that if he keeps up his moodiness then I'll have to come out there and arm wrestle him!