All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Small-town Pageants

So, the Miss Land O' Lights Pageant is in a few weeks (Nov. 21st). This pageant has been going on for as long as I can remember (ok, not as long as I can remember, but at since since 1984 when pictures of it are in Shawn's senior year yearbook). Lauren & Kayley brought home the forms yesterday. They want to enter it this year. Great. They've never done a pageant. I've never done one. These things are intense from what I have heard at the local salon. I mean, girls (actually the moms) live for these things! It's so crazy! They didn't have things like this in Bryan, or did they? And then both girls have to have floor-length dresses. Where can I find modest ones without costing $200 each? I've checked Beautifully Modest. I'm hoping that maybe the local resale shops may have some, or I can check with the salons and/or other moms who may share. Kristen & Lindsey may want to do this too...

1 Read What I Wrote:

Valerie said...

My sisters have like 4 or five dresses from Beautifully Modest...They would let you borrow them as long as you paid for shipping and sent them back dry cleaned...let me know if you want to see pictures. By the way,my sisters are like a size 1-5.