All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Past few days...

Where to start? The weather here has been changing, and it's been quite nice. Cool throughout the day and night. I don't think my a/c has kicked on at all. But because of season changes, kids get sick. Krissy started with the hacking cough, still has it some, but not as bad as Joey. Most of them have the sniffles too, but not as bad as Joey. Finally I took him in this morning, and yep... double ear infection too! 3rd time since getting his tonsils out! Maybe I should have had tubes done? I think I am going to take him back to the ENT, so he can possibly have his 3rd surgery before the age of 2. Poor kid is miserable. Dr. Platt is in SLC @ conference this weekend, so I got the doc on call, and he was pretty cool. Can't remember his name.
Can't get caught up with my laundry. I hate laundry.
Some of you know that I have a job. It's not a hard job, and I'm not getting paid up front. A sister in our ward had asked Josh to help her with some family history work. The deal was, he did it, and she would pay so much a month in a mission fund in his name. Easy, right? Well, he didn't think so. So I talked with her, and I asked her if I could do it, and my pay would be putting money into his mission account. Afterall, missions are $10K now. Usually I waited until she called me to tell me when she was going, and then I would get some names for her from my side of the family. We had names that had been ready for so long, but no one to do them yet. She called me on Thursday telling me she was going to Dallas next week for a whole week, and needed names. "Great", I thought... where was I going to get more names? I think I've submitted all the names that I could find without having to go start looking up names (which is a pain to do on dial-up). 2 things happened this week that I would like to share with you:
  1. My gramma's dad was married to another lady before he married my great-gramma. He had about 12 children with that wife before she died. Gramma was the 6th child with her parents. WOW! My great-gramma's name was always the name that showed up because afterall, she was related to me, not the 1st wife. But on Thursday (maybe Friday), the 1st wife's name was showing up on the direct line. I thought "how weird" since I'm the only one who goes into Family Search, and I've never clicked on her name to be the direct name. I decided to click on it to just see what was there. WOW!!! Hundreds of names to be done!! I was kinda excited that I can help a line that isn't "mine" perse, but in a way, they are 1/2 relatives... KWIM? I was able to print some names off, and I know these people are so excited to finally be able to have their work done.
  2. A sister in my ward is blind in one eye, and legally blind in the other (but she still drives... scary!). She isn't computer literate. Because she is a convert to the church, a lot of her family history work has not been done. She told me she had tons of names to be done, and she asked me if I could help her. "Sure", I said, thinking it would be just a few here and there. She gave me a box with 4 file folders FILLED with articles, obits, stories, etc... She has quite the family. Almost every Texas town in Central Texas is named after someone in her family line, including her great uncle who Randolph Air Force Base is named after; Bell County for her great-great grandparents; plus Millican, Anderson, Bartlett, McGregor plus hundreds of cemeteries named after someone from her family. Her family was well known in Austin. It's pretty amazing to read about her family. Past 2 days I have been able to add names to her file, and I think I have gotten a least 150+ names ready for the Temple, plus already another 100 more for next time. I called her today, and told her, and she was so happy.

I am on the 3rd folder right now. I'm about 1/2 way done with it. I think I will take a few days break so I can get caught up with my laundry. :-(

0 Read What I Wrote: