All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

I love President Monson!

I just love listening to him!! I loved his closing remarks from the 1st session! There is hope that one day my laundry will be caught up... and he even said I would miss it! Excellent speakers, even from the General YW Leader, Elaine Dalton, who Josh grumbled about. He takes after his dad... "no women should ever speak at conference." I guess because they are so "happy" and "cheerful" and have their little squeaky voice that men can't stand? Geez!

Because I was so busy in my family history work this weekend, instead of homemade Cinnabon cinnamon rolls, my kids got and absolutely went gaa-gaa for
(which I don't understand!):

And I also made french toast. Yep... full of unnutritious ingredients & white flour!

But, I had to steal a piece of the white bread and smother it with real butter!

2 Read What I Wrote:

Valerie said...

You know your family(the men)all make retarded comments about sisters...especially sister missionaries. It really bothered me for while. I just feel like it is such a grimy thing to talk about women in such a rude way. I look up to those men who like our prophets set a wonderful example to other priesthood holders of how women should be lovingly treated and talked about. Today I feel like Scott finally got it. After listening to the prophet he was humbled and made a goal to be a better priesthood holder...like our great prophet. I'm very excited!

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I want your cinnamon roll recipe (not the canned one HA HA)! I made french toast too!