All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Monday, April 14, 2008

April Parties!

(Before I go on, the post below should have read in it: I've been nursing and/or pregnant for 13 yrs! I've nursed a baby/toddler while pregnant with the next one a few times. It can be done. So, see why I needed to be done? 13 yrs is a bit to long!)

Today is Shane's birthday. He is 41, and he's Shawn's brother (just in case some didn't know). He had to work today, as most of the others, so we celebrated it last night. After church we headed over to Walmart so I could pick up the camo cake (so redneck, but so good!) that Mary (Shane's wife) had ordered. She didn't have room for it in her frige, and she knew we go to church in Texarkana, so asked if I could get it. Of course I said yes. She bought it, not me! I didn't sin! LOL!! We then got home, and quickly cleaned the kitchen & living rooms, and I made some deviled eggs. I did 2 dozen, and only 5 eggs didn't turn out. They were soooooo good! We grilled some burgers. We also had a chocolate cake that Shawn's mom had made. Shane's 2 sons, Andrew & Todd, both came. His daughter, MaKayla, couldn't make it because she had come the weekend before. Todd hadn't been to our house in years, so it was good seeing him. He is so tall! Probably 6'2. Weird since both his parents are short! He seemed like a good kid with a lot of plans in his life. He is working 2 jobs, been accepted into 2 colleges, and seems to have a lot more common sense then Andrew, who wants everything handed to him on a silver platter. Andrew works only because he has too, and does as little as possible. Andrew finally passed (after 2 times) the Navy test, and has been commissioned, but doesn't know if he can change his MOS since he can't pass the diving test. He wants to be a Navy diver, but never learned to swim well. Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe he needed to think about something else? Andrew doesn't think, that's half his problem. But, it was good to see them, and glad that they could be here at Shane's birthday.

Other birthdays that I need to take note of for this month: Camryn, Jileen, Austin, Colby, Hilary & Rebecca! My friend, Laura had one on the 6th, and I already posted about Kayley's. Wow! Busy month! We have quite a few in May too. May is already a full month for me. Don't even ask me to do anything for that month! I'm already broke, and I haven't done anything yet!

Josh has decided not to go to college before his mission. He is going to work and earn as much as he can, so when he gets off his mission, then he can have money saved to go to college in Texas. If that's what he wants to do, then fine. I wish he would get out of Texarkana area, but I feel he'll be okay. He's got family here to support him, and who is strong & active in church, so I don't think I need to worry about him. He'll leave on his mission in July 09.

0 Read What I Wrote: